Our trained and certified team of culinary chefs are constantly innovating new recipes using our vast array of Calavo products. We’ve chosen our favorite healthy and wholesome meal choices — all developed in Calavo test kitchens — from our foodie family to yours.
& Butternut Squash Lentil Soup
Sweet Chili Chicken
check back again soon for more recipes.
Grilled Shrimp and Avocado
1lb: Shrimp (size 16-20ct, peeled and deveined)
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 each Limes, juiced
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Chopped Oregano
1 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Mix the last 7 ingredients then mix in the shrimp. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grill on Medium-High heat for about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
2 each Calavo Avocados
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
To Taste Sea Salt
- Halve your avocados (and remove the pit).
- Coat the exposed avocado with the olive oil.
- Place each avocado half face down on the hottest part of the grill and grill for 3-5 minutes.
- You are just looking for some nice char marks and for the avocado to be heated through.
- Remove avocados, season with salt and plate them.
Green Smoothie with Avocado
1 each Calavo Avocado (medium size)
2 cups Fresh Spinach or Fresh Chopped Kale, rinsed and dried
1 1/2 cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks (Freeze your fresh pineapple for best results)
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, grated
Optional Toasted Almonds, Pistachio, Flax Seed or Toasted Coconut Flakes for garnish
- In a high powered blender, add in all the ingredients and blend on High for 1 to 2 minutes.
- or until everything is smooth and well mixed.
- If the mixture is too thick, add some additional milk and blend until your preferred consistency.
- Optional: Top with preferred garnish.
Jewel Roasting Vegetables
28 oz Garden Highway Jewel Roasting Vegetables
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss vegetables with oil, salt & pepper.
- Place vegetables on a sheet pan.
- Roast vegetables for 25 to 35 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Optional – After roasting, toss with 1/4 cup of any of the following sauces:
Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce, Balsamic Glaze, Green Goddess Dressing or Bacon Vinaigrette.
- Great with rotisserie chicken, sausage, duck or lamb.
Optional: After roasting, toss with 1/4 cup of any of the following sauces: Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce, Balsamic Glaze, Green Goddess Dressing or Bacon Vinaigrette.
Pairs well with: Rotisserie chicken, sausage, duck, or lamb.
Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash Lentil Soup
3 tbsp Olive Oil
17 oz Garden Highway Sweet Potato & Butternut Chef Veggie Starter
1 clove Garlic, minced
1/2 cup Garden Highway Pico de Gallo
1 each Hatch chile, diced
1/2 cup Green lentils
4 cups Vegetable stock or water
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tbsp Chili powder
2 sprigs Cilantro, torn into pieces for garnish
1 each Calavo avocado, diced for topping
- Heat sauce pan with oil on medium high heat. Add Garden Highway Chef Veggie Starter and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, Pico de Gallo, and Hatch chile and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add lentils, stock, salt and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook until lentils are al dente, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with ripe Calavo avocado and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Calavo Ultimate Guacamole
4 each Calavo avocados (ripe), peeled, seeded and mashed
2 each Tomatoes (medium), chopped
1 each Red onion (small), chopped
2 each Jalapeño or Serrano chiles, minced
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
1 tsp Dried oregano
1 each Fresh garlic clove, minced (or 1/8 tsp garlic powder)
1 each Lime, juiced
To taste Hot pepper sauce
To taste Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for approximately 1-2 hours.
- Serve with chips, fresh cut vegetables, or use as a spread on topping on sandwiches, burgers or Mexican entrees.
Sweet Chili Chicken Noodle Salad
8 oz garden highway asian noodle salad
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1″ pieces
1/2 each Cucumber, deseeded, but into 1/4″ half moons
1/4 cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
1/4 cup Sweet chili sauce (store bought)
3 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp Minced garlic
1 tbsp Minced ginger
Heat sauté pan over medium heat, add oil.
Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, 5-8 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in garlic, ginger and sweet chili sauce to coat chicken.
Combine GH Asian Noodle Salad in a bowl with chicken, cilantro and cucumber. Toss to mix well and serve.
Can be served warm or cold.